Sunday, March 24, 2013

{wedding} Le mini-freakout.

 photo sundaystories_zpse1b448a1.jpg

So, Wedding count down is ON.

Exactly 13 days to go. 

THiRRRRTEEEN.

that's 13.

three days more than ten.
which is exactly one day more than single digits.

I am not sure how this is happening but it seems as though every time I cross something off my to do list, there are three other things that I need to put on it (what?). One of the things that I have been panicking over thinking about in the last week or so -

PICTURES.

When I say "PICTURES", I am not referring to our photographer and his skills - we have hired an awesome photographer with some uber skills and I can't wait to tell you more about him (in good time). 

Rather, when I say "PICTURES" this is completely my issue:

I take pictures. I take a lot of pictures. With my iPhone. With Instagram. With Aviary Cam. With Hipstamatic. With all the Cams. Of everything. I take pictures of my shoes, of my computer screen, of flying creatures that have landed up in my room, of new pimples that have landed on my face (to send to Warren, obvs), of every single coffee I drink and every little blossom-flower I see and of course, I take pictures of pretty much everything I eat. I document everything. EV.er.RY.THING.

In fact this condition of mine is so acute that it has infected Warren-the-fiance - just last Friday he was sitting at a very fancy hotel, with his very fancy colleagues, at a very fancy corporate event and he was sending me pictures of his very fancy meal under the table. High Five Fiance.

I have been thinking about "my condition" very seriously in the last week. My mother has said she is taking my phone away from me on wedding day and I honestly do not know how I am going to be able to cope without taking a few of my own snaps - to document everything. From me. From my view. On my phone. For this isn't just "oh-we-decided-to-go-out-to-Spur-at-the-last-minute-and-here-is-a-picture-of-my-chicken-wings" this. is. my. WEDDING. HOW can I not document my wedding?! HOW?

"But Ché, there will be so many people taking pictures! And you have an awesome photographer!"

"But guys! You don't understand."

This problem has infiltrated my mind so badly that as a back-up plan, I have installed a geo-location app onto my phone. So, I will be bringing my Macbook down to the reception (in my backpack) and hooking that shit up so that I can track down where my mother has hidden my phone. I have also been fashioning a Lara Croft type leg-belt to strap my iPhone to the inside of my thigh when I find it.


Then when people tell me, "Hey, you look like Lara Croft!"

I'll be all like Yeah.... 

*SNAP*



4 comments :

Danielle said...

There are also a few wedding photo sharing apps that your guests can use to share their pics on the day, or why not ask everyone to use a specific hashtag if they are taking pics? #cheandwarrenwedding?

Che Kershaw said...

yes! i have looked into a few of those actually! :) but i neeeeeeed to have MY phone on me! for MY pictures on MY phone!?! HOW?!?!

TheFutureMrsOrpen said...

Hey Che - I found a really awesome app on Miss Mosses blog yesterday: https://www.weddingpartyapp.com/ ... I am getting married in September and have subliminally notified my MOH to begin sharing this app at my bridal shower haha. You are able to invite your guests to post notes and share images using their android or iphones to your wedding timeline. It is a great way for those who were unable to make it to be able to view moments captured on your big day as they happen. I will also be using this app to play "i spy" with my family and friends :) I cannot wait to see and read all about your special day! I wish you and the Warr the happiest adventure filled with millions of beautiful moments and memories. xxx

Anonymous said...

I ԁоn't know if it's juѕt me or іf
eνеryone elѕe encοuntering pгoblеms with youг ωebsite.
It seems like some of thе writtеn text on уour cοntent are running off the
scrееn. Can someоne else ρlеase
comment and let me knoω if this is hаppenіng to them as ωell?
This may be a рroblеm wіth my internet browsеr bеcause Ӏ've had this happen before. Kudos raspberry ketone side effects - raspberry ketone side effects - raspberry ketone side effects

Also visit my site; raspberry ketone side effects